Linked is my AngelList Fund Page for capitalx.vc #fundraising
Fund Terms ← click to find out more about my “skin in the game”.
Top Track Record
- I’ve previously seeded more than 100 startups that have raised $8B+ follow-on VC funding with combined valuations of $60B+. The $7M initial capital is worth about $150M today without active portfolio management.
- In particular, I’ve directly invested in 12 unicorns and 25 startups on YC’s top companies. Note: YC isn’t my only deal source for CapitalX but this shows you my high hit rate.
Examples Of My Success Getting Into Deals
- I shared some fun facts in this medium post to show how I’ve won over founders to invest.
Select Previous Investments
- Zapier — 2012 Seed. Unicorn. Only needed to raise $1.3M. Profitable. Most recently valued at $5B by Sequoia (secondary).
- Cruise — 2014 Seed. Unicorn Exit in 2016. Valued at $30B+ in 2021.
- Algolia — 2014 Seed. $184M raised. Series D led by Fidelity and Accel ($2.25B).
- ShipBob — 2014 Seed. $63M raised. Series C led by Bain Capital Ventures.
- EightSleep — 2015 Seed. $80M raised. Series C led by Craft Ventures and Founders Fund.
- SendBird — 2016 Seed. $122M raised. Series B led by Tiger Global and ICONIQ.
- People.ai — 2016 Seed. $100M raised. Series C led by LightSpeed, a16z, GGV and ICONIQ.
- Boom — 2016 Seed. $244M raised. Series B led by RRE Ventures and Emerson Collective.
- FlutterWave — 2016 Seed. $475M raised. Series D led by Tiger Global at over $3B valuation.
- Proxy — 2016 Seed. $59M raised. Series B led by Kleiner Perkins.
- UpKeep — 2017 Seed. $49M raised. Series B led by Emergence Capital and Insight Partners.
- Rippling — 2017 Seed (SPV). ~$700M raised. Series D led by Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, valued at $11.25B.
- LambdaSchool — 2017 Seed. $48M raised. Series B led by Bedrock, GGV and Google Ventures.
- Retool — 2017 Seed. $141M raised. Series C2 led by Sequoia at $3.2B valuation.
>>Took a break in 2018. Alpaca.Markets (2019 Seed) raised $66M most recently Series B led by Tribe Capital.
Founders Love Working With Me
- My high conviction & high energy coupled with critical optimism and solid moral support really provide a true edge as an empathetic executive coach and cheerleader for the team.
- Besides angel investing, I was an operator for almost a decade at a self-funded and remote-only enterprise software startup with 77 fortune 100 companies as customers. Before then, I bootstrapped and later sold a hardware startup while working as a software consultant at Accenture. I know what it takes to build a high-impact company and I’m ready to help with a few extra pushes on founders’ long journey.
What’s Different About Cindy@CapitalX?
- Unconventional blend of consultant / founder / operator experience;
- Analytical insider insight and intuitive outsider mentality;
- Unique public data-driven process and online-first and offline-optional approach;
- Founder-first intuition to identify, win and invest early enough to work with multidisciplinary leaders that are likely underestimated or considered too ambitious.
With the innovative Rolling Fund structure, I’m now launching CapitalX to finally offer Enhanced access and asymmetrical financial returns to more LPs.
📝 Save this story in Journal.
👩💻 Wake up every Sunday morning to the week’s most noteworthy stories in Tech waiting in your inbox. Read the Noteworthy in Tech newsletter.