CapitalX has raised more than $5M since August 2020. The fund may be open for new LPs again starting 2021 Q3.
Below is a summary of my previous portfolio breakout winners by valuations (estimated range), including the top 15 YC startups since my direct seed investments.
- 6 x $1B+ (unicorn exit Cruise valued $30B in 2021)
- 4 x $500M+(with Retool nearly a unicorn);
- 9 x $250M+; etc.
This also helps to demonstrate why and how an annual portfolio of 20 startups with “High Hit Rate” may work very well. Imagine — if the initial check represents 0.5% — 5% ownership (not a lead position).
2. Zapier — API integration and automation. Profitable. Remote only.
- Epic! — Leading digital library for kids. $52M raised.
- Bevi —Smart water cooler with pure, flavored and sparking water. $60M raised.
- Go1 — Enterprise on-line learning platform. $84M raised.
- BitMovin — provides adaptive streaming infrastructure for video publishers and integrators with fastest cloud encoding and HTML5 Player. $65M raised.
- Proxy — Touchless workplace and mobile identity. $59M raised.
- Redacted — Collaborate. $82M raised.
- UpKeep — Modern, intuitive, and mobile first CMMS that is proven to streamline the work order process.$49M raised.
- LambdaSchool — Free online web dev and data science education: pay with ISA after getting hired with annual $50k+ income! $122M raised.
- DeepGram — The fastest, most accurate, most reliable, most scalable speech transcription, with understanding — rebuilt just for enterprise. $25M Series B.
- Flirtey — real-time delivery by flying robots. $16M raised.
- Teleport — Remote access and secure deployments for developers via SSH and Kubernetes. $29M raised.
- Zeplin — Connected space for design and product teams. $1.4M raised.